Winter is here and chances are that more snowfall could still be on the way. Whether you’re driving through the blizzard or dealing with the black ice left after a day of melting and a night of refreezing, the roads can get messy, and lead to accidents for even the most responsible drivers. Ideal time for us to offer our 7 essential things to keep in your car this winter.
Below we have collected a list of items you should consider keeping in your car in the winter. Take a look through and see if you can find a bit of extra space in your boot to fill with peace of mind.
7 essential things to keep in your car this winter
- Car phone battery charger – encase you need to call for help
- A Blanket – Anyone who’s been stuck in the snow without heat knows what a depressing wait for the tow truck that can be
- A Torch – For if it gets dark out and you’re stuck on the side of a slippery road
- First aid kit – While it’s always a good idea to have a first aid kit in your car, it’s especially important to have come winter
- Water bottle – For those long traffic queues
- Shovel – Encase you get stuck in the snow and need to shovel your way out
- Jump leads – Jump leads are obviously essential when you need to revive your own car after your battery dies
Most importantly as we are Automatic Gearbox Specialists we would advise to make sure your car is up to date with its gearbox services. We recommend a gearbox service every 12,000 miles and we can do this while you wait.
VMTP Midlands Ltd is based in Norton Canes, Cannock. Our workshop is conveniently positioned near the main commuter routes and motorways – M6, M6 Toll and the A5. As a recognized automatic gearbox repair specialist we serve further afield than just our surrounding area – automatic car owners come to us from all over the UK. The majority of our customers are recommended to us by other dealers, garages and customers who have been impressed by the service provided by VMTP Midlands Ltd.
Our team have a combined knowledge of over 125 years of automatic gear boxes, we are the automatic gearbox repair specialist – demonstrated by the large volume and variety of customers, both trade and private, that we have the pleasure of serving from many areas in and around the central region.
Let VMTP Midlands Ltd service your gearbox today
Here are just a few of the areas that we serve:
- Sutton Coldfield
- Newcastle Under Lyme
- Burton On Trent